The IBEAR MBA is a top-ranked, full-time, one-year, accelerated program for mid-career professionals who are preparing for leadership roles in international business. With a strong global focus and limited to a select group of 56 people, a typical IBEAR class features participants from 12-17 countries and a diverse range of industries and professions. With an average age of 35 and an average of 12 years of work experience (minimum of 6 years), IBEAR participants come from Asia, Europe, Latin America, and North America to earn the prestigious USC Marshall MBA degree after 12 months of intensive study. The capstone course of the program is a client-commissioned, management-consulting project. Over a 4-month period, teams of 5-6 participants work with the client to solve one of its important business challenges. Travel for research (both international & domestic) is a mandatory component of each project. All travel costs are borne by the program.
Our mission at the IBEAR MBA Program is to transform experienced professionals into multi-culturally minded global leaders.
Some features of the IBEAR MBA Program:
- 12-month immersion with 50-57 mid-career international business professionals
- International Business Consulting Projects (IBCP): IBEAR’s capstone course. Over a 4-month period, teams of 5-6 students work with a client to solve one of its important business challenges. Travel for research (international or domestic) is usually a component of projects; travel costs paid by the program
- 10-day international experiential business-learning trip is a required component of the IBEAR Program; paid for by the program fees and alumni donations. Travel costs are paid by the program fees and alumni donations
- 3-day domestic trip to a key business city in the United States as part of our domestic experiential learning program, titled “Doing Business in the United States.” Cities visited have included Seattle, San Francisco, and New York. Students have the opportunity to visit Fortune 500 companies and cutting-edge start-ups to gain insights into the companies and industries. These trips are an excellent way for participants to expand their professional networks; travel costs paid by program fees and alumni donations
- Personalized Career Development Services are provided for all self-sponsored students. Tuned to the unique needs of mid-career global professionals, IBEAR’s dedicated career advisor creates career development workshops and year-round networking opportunities.
- Scholarships (IBEAR Global Business Fellow Award) of up to $50,000 available for highly-qualified self-sponsored individuals
For more information about IBEAR, please visit our website at www.marshall.usc.edu/ibear.